The Massena Drug Free Community Coalition works to address substance misuse in Massena and the surrounding area by assessing the scope of the problem, and identifying risk factors that threaten the individual, the family, and the community. This ongoing assessment will serve as the catalyst for developing plans to implement sustainable prevention strategies that will reduce and prevent substance misuse among youth and adults in the local population.
The Massena Drug Free Community Coalitions currently meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at 3pm in room 227 at the Massena Town Hall. Please contact us to join.
• Meet with local and state politicians to raise awareness of Marijuana.
• Spearhead a media campaign to promote a prescription dropbox at the Massena Police station resulting in a record number of prescription pills taken out of homes and align coalition focus.
• Bring speakers to school age children in the Massena School District to promote self-esteem and positive decision making.
• Work with youth of our community to promote positive development and leadership skills.
• Plan events that connect youth with Law Enforcement Officers to build positive relationships and confidence within our community. officials to build confidence and community.